MISSOULA COUNTY JUVENILE DETENTION
Family Visitation Information
- The Missoula County Juvenile Detention
Facility is located at 2340 Mullan Road, Missoula Montana 59808.
- Visitations hours are:
Monday-Friday, 3 PM to 6:30 PM
Saturday-Sunday, 8 AM to 11 AM
Please note that no visits will be scheduled on Holidays
- Visits are scheduled by appointment
only. You can set up a visit by calling (406) 258-4054
- Only the juvenile's attorney, court
directed counselors, therapist and immediate family will be allowed to visit. Immediate family consist of Parents/Legal
guardians, Grandparents, and/or Siblings.
- Prior to visiting, adults must present a
current and valid driver's license, state identification card, military
identification, or passport. Photocopies are not allowed
- Visitors who cannot supply positive
identification or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or
drugs will be denied the opportunity to visit.
- Visits may be scheduled Monday-Friday from 8 AM
to 4 PM.
visits may be scheduled on Friday for either Saturday or Sunday.
- Visits must be scheduled one day in advance.
- You may schedule up to 5 visits,
however the facility does not make allowances for same day visits.
- You must include ALL intended visitors when scheduling.
Those not on the visiting schedule will not be allowed access to the
- As a general rule, all visits are
non-contact. The only exception relates to a youth being sent to an
out-of-town placement. In this instance, the request is cleared
through probation and if acceptable, special arrangements can be
made through the unit manager for a contact visit.
- All visitors are subject to search.
- Please do not
bring any unnecessary items into the facility. Cigarettes, tobacco,
matches, and other forms of contraband will not be given to
detainees. Treats and snacks are prohibited.
- Visitors will maintain appropriate conduct at all
times. Visitors are expected to maintain supervision of all minor
children during visitation hours. Children may not be left unattended.
- Each detainee is allowed one
30-minute visit per visiting day.
- You must arrive for your visit on
time. If you are late for any reason your visit will be limited to
the time remaining in your 1/2 hour visitation block. No exceptions.
- Any visitor with an outstanding
warrant will not be allowed to visit.
- The detained youth has the right to
refuse or terminated any visit not ordered by the court.
- An Officer or visitor may terminate visitation at
- Absolutely NO weapons are allowed on